Wednesday, July 3, 2013

DIY Distressed Studded White Shorts

So I have been yearning for a pair of high waisted distressed studded jeans for a very long time now (okay, a few months but still that's a long time to me!) I seen a few pair on esty generally priced for $40-$75 and I just couldn't stomach the idea of paying $40 for a pair of jeans that I know wouldn't cost more than $10 to make. So last week I went to a thrift store and scored some high waisted white jeans for  $4. As soon as I put the jeans on, I knew that me and these jeans had the potential to be besties.

I didnt find any studs at the craft stores near and me sadly, there is no hobby lobby where I live (arggggggg, I love hobby lobby too!) so I had to go on ebay and purchase studs and spikes which took about 2-3 days to receive. I also scored some pretty awesome sandpaper from the dollar store for a mere $1 *ching ching*

I cut up the jeans, studded them up, and sanded them for a bit of a distressed look. As expected, me and these jeans are now besties. I can't wait to wear them out!

Before:

After: 




The back was quite boring so I added an old cross necklace I had sitting around. I just pinned it to the back and added a few studs/spikes!


I have 2 more pairs and will attempt to make a video on these DIY denim jeans sometime soon. Bleached distressed studded high waisted jeans? Sounds like a good idea to me!

Let's add everything up:
$4 (jeans at the thrift store)
$1 (sandpaper)
$3 Studs/spikes on ebay
---------
$8 

No comments:

Post a Comment